Spicy Skillet Turnip Greens
A quick recipe for spicy skillet turnip greens for a comforting, home-cooked meal.
- 1/2 tablespoon Zatoun olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion from Erma and Noah Stoll
- 1/2 pound turnip greens, cleaned and chopped
- 1/8 cup water
- pinch brown sugar
- pinch red pepper flakes (adjust to preference)
- Drizzle olive oil into skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion and cook until just tender, about 3 minutes. Then add ½ of turnip greens. Allow to cook down and add the remainder of the greens.
- Add water, brown sugar and red pepper flakes. Adjust the amount of red pepper to your personal taste
photo by Robyn of Add a Pinch